Well, now that we're only one month from take-off, I'm finally getting around to packing and getting those last-minute things figured out! At this point I'm still a little nervous and sad to be leaving home, so I really do appreciate your continued prayers and support.
Details for the Despedida ("going away party") are more or less official - July 30th - 2:00pm Mass with Fr. Pat Malone (the Jesuit who was in the Dominican Republic when I was there in 2009), followed by an Open House/dinner. We'll have an early dinner, just bring a side to share if you can! Come whenever and bring whomever! If you think you'll be able to make it, please email me at elizabethschroer@gmail.com so I can let Mom know numbers and I'll send you the address/directions if needed!
PS - thank you to everyone who has already made a donation to sponsor my time in Nicaragua! Cap Corps does a great job of covering our personal/health/spiritual needs while we're busy serving others, so it definitely goes to a good cause! If you would still like to make a donation, email me at elizabethschroer@gmail.com or mail it to Mom and Dad's house or the following address:
Cap Corps Volunteer Corps
1297 N. 4th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Thanks again for all of your support - God bless!
You? Last minute? I don't even believe it. :)
ReplyDelete... (like I'm one to talk).